Thursday, January 04, 2007

Welcome Aboard!

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Dr. Ward,

Thank you for having me in your office this morning and for the discussion.


By way of introducing myself a little further than I had the chance to do this morning, I would way that I look for places where: 1. I can make a difference, and 2. I can have fun.

What I bring to the table, what you can count on me for, is that I am someone who is in continuous awe of the natural world and human technologies. People report to me that I share that awe more or less continuously.

Another thing that I am aware of in myself (and that I am out to break up daily for myself and others) is how disempowering internal conversations inhibit curiosity and self-expression. In this regard I am an extensively trained, serious, playful listener.

What I heard was that the Victorian Model, though fine enough for some, is derelict for many if not most, and that "we", i.e., the 21st Century, are inventing the 21st Century Model for education. And we are building that plane in the air.

Thank you for clearly describing and providing an opportunity for me to contribute. I look forward to an ongoing and rich conversations and actions in service of what is possible.



Pat O'Connor
Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

2 comments:

keenen a.k.a. sexylicous said...

wasup just remembered to comment on the page
im always cheaking it out

aim students like the part about us being smart

James said...

Lakeenen:

GLAD to see you made the effort to participate. A BOLD MOVE young man! Of course WE expect to see more of your "comments" here. This is the place for conversation and personal discovery.

I will be looking foward to seeing you on Wednesday (I think we are going to the Autoshow). Be prepared to help capture (digital camera's, video, etc.) our experiences.

Again THANKS for the follow-up response (an act of courage). As regards AIM Students being SMART (NO SURPRISES THERE!)

Best,

Jim